Ryo "Akira" Kongoji is one of the characters in Dance Dance Revolution franchise. He is Yuni's Chinese bodyguard and partner who let her out of her mansion to dance with her friends. A proud and strong person who protects her from any disputes and conflicts. In DDR X, He was mentioned by both Bonnie and Rage due to his appearance as Yuni's bodyguard who follows her in her Street Master Mode and his cameo appearance in Yuni's epilogue.
In his character profile in Dance Dance Revolution 4thMIX and onwards, his name refers to his alias "Solid Temple".
Berth family's Security Police. Proud that he's one of the youngest and strongest unit, and he has been enthrusted with the task of escorting Yuni.
A year later, Akira continues to serve as the bodyguard to Yuni and mostly follows her after the latter sneaks away at her mansion to find the new fast food stand which turns out to be Rage's takoyaki stand who wants to try his famous takoyaki in her disguise as a maid but she angrily mad at him for his actions due to the time he was following her. (This is based on his minor appearance in Yuni's SMM of DDR X).
Special Notes Edit
Yuni's bodyguard and the strongest in his unit. He's having problems with Yuni sneaking out of the house to go dance.
Character and Personality Edit
Akira is described as a proud and strong person who does not show dislike towards the dancers including Yuni. But he shows his hatred towards crowded people who make disputes and conflicts. He is also shown to be a very good unarmed combatant who loves to fight and expert in grappling as well as shooting firearms as seen on his artwork wielding a handgun as part of his hobbies when he is not dancing. This also shows in "Centre of the Heart (Stonebridge Club Mix)" background video where he shoots multiple times directly on the target bull's eye with his handgun.
Akira portrays as a bodyguard to Yuni who protects her from any disputes and conflicts but also having problems with her when she sneaks away to dance or to hangs out with her friends. Later in DDR X during Yuni's SMM, he continues to serve as Yuni's bodyguard and mostly follows her after the latter sneaks away at her mansion to buy Rage's famous takoyaki. Yuni was angrily aware of his actions who keeps on watching her while she was out of her mansion and she noticed that he's been following her the whole time even she pretends to dance with anyone else to make a distraction or trying to avoid him from being followed when she uses crowded people as a leverage to make her get away. Akira is later seen being terrified to Yuni while he carries a few boxes of takoyaki within the four plastic bags in Yuni's epilogue after Rage tells her to take it easy and he was doing his job after the latter angrily noticed him from following her.
Akira is a young Chinese man with short black hair and black eyes.
- Akira's full name is Ryo "Akira" Kongoji although his given name is pseudonym because of the kanji word can be read as his nickname.
- According to his character profile in 4thMIX and onwards, his name refers to his alias "Solid Temple" instead of his full name by fans.
- The word "SP" means Security Police which is his occupation as a bodyguard to Yuni.
- Standing at 6'2", Akira is the second tallest human character in the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- He bears a striking resemblance to Phoenix Wright the main character of the game series,"The Ace Attorney" as both men who have short black hair with the same hairstyle and wear corporate business suits (Akira's outfit is black while Phoenix's outfit is blue) but in different occupations as Akira portrays as a bodyguard and partner to Yuni while Phoenix portrays as a lawyer who takes on murder cases on courts as well as being a detective to find any evidence in other different crimes. Both men also have young female partners to assist them (Maya and Yuni respectively as the latter always sneaking away from him at her mansion).
- Their nationality however are different in which Phoenix from Ace Attorney series of games is Japanese while Akira from DDR games is Chinese.
- In DDR X during Yuni's epilogue in her Street Master Mode, Akira's outfit is based off Phoenix Wright but his suit outfit is black instead of blue.
- In the "Centre of the Heart (Stonebridge Club Mix)" background video, Akira is later seen wielding a handgun after shooting multiple times directly to the target bull's eye.
- His shooting stance is based on his promotional art in DDR 4thMIX and Nagisa's fighting stance in Battle Arena Toshinden 3.
- He also appears along with Rage, Emi, Izam and Yuni in Sweet Sweet ♥ Magic where he was last seen dancing after Yuni performing her dance moves along with both Rage and Emi
- In Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 4, Akira's third outfit resembles Marshall Law's second outfit in Tekken 5, Tekken 6 and both Paul Phoenix and Lei Wulong's Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ending as the color scheme of his outfit is based off Lei's primary outfit in Tekken 2 and it's updated ones in Tekken 5 up to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- In DDR X, He and Johnny are the only characters to appear as a cameo in both Jenny and Yuni's epilogue respectively.