Rena Toshiba is a character who was introduced in 2007's DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY as a playable character. To date, she has appeared in all Wii DDR games, including the arcade release of DanceDanceRevolution X2 (where she makes her first debut outside of a Wii DDR game) until DanceDanceRevolution Dance Wars. She was later removed as a playable character in DanceDanceRevolution (2013 edition) due to the implement of the eAMUSEMENT Participation system .
Character and Personality Edit
Rena is described as a shy and kind person but is short-tempered and confident. Her behavior is a mixed combination between both Emi and Rage's personalities. She also has a penchant for food and cute things, but hates natto. She also trains martial arts as an another activity.
Rena is portrayed as a shy and kind dancer with a short-tempered behavior as well as being a martial artist who trains martial arts.
Rena appears as a young girl with short aqua blue hair with a full fringe and brown eyes. In her latest appearance, her hair changed to a short bob and gains two fringes. She also wears a cowboy hat.
- Rena is similar to Emi in that they both have blue hair and that they wear similar outfits (Rena wears the green costume that Emi wore in the DDR Hottest Party beta, as one of her outfits in DDR Hottest Party).
- Rena is unlocked on DanceDanceRevolution X2 by completing the Mekuru meku Dance★Party(メクルめくダンス★パーティ) puzzle image that is named after her. On DDR X3 VS 2ndMIX, however, she is available by default to anyone with an eAMUSEMENT pass.
- Rena was unlockable on DDR Dance Wars after inviting 10 friends, as part of the 3rd invite bonus set.
- Along with all non-human characters from DDR X2 and X3 VS 2ndMIX (Rinon, Victory Concent, Geisha Zukin, and PiX), Rena was removed as a playable character in DDR 2013. This is likely because of the implementation of the eAMUSEMENT Participation system.
- Besides dancing Rena also learned martial arts when she was a child. She wanted to do martial arts in case any danger came near her.