Emi Toshiba is a character of the Dance Dance Revolution series who makes her debut in Dance Dance Revolution 3rdMIX and return for subsequent games. Her family runs an electronics store, and she’s a whiz with machines, but does not well with computers. Her classmates at school are building a dance robot, and Emi’s been put in charge of ‘moral support’.
Emi's family run an electronics store, and she's a whiz with machines, but not so good with computers. After graduating from high school, she studied at an electronics academy. With her classmates, she develops dance robots to parcitipate in robot contests (her area of specialty: cheering -- bringing honey lemon preservatives).
Later, she passes the audition for a popular dance program as she states. "Watch me everyone! I'm going to do my best!". She spends all of her free time practicing her dance moves.
Special Notes Edit
Named after the Toshiba-EMI record company, some of whose music the DDR series features as part of a deal between them and Konami. Toshiba-EMI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia /**/ @import /skins-1. ...
Designer's Comments Edit
Character and Personality Edit
Emi is described as a cheerful and happy young girl. She is also seen as kind and also nervous for anything big such as attending Disco's party in DanceDanceRevolution X's Street Master Mode. She also likes Rage despite he scares her from his horrible temper but other times she tolerates his behavior and onwards in both of their Street Master Mode, where she likes to try his takoyaki but being scared while paying him after she was defeated. However in her SMM, she also tells him that anyone can look good on the right clothes which makes the latter say that he didn't say anything after she defeats him. She also hangs out with Yuni and Alice and onwards during Rinon's interview in DDR X2.
Emi portrays as a high school student and a girlfriend of Rage throughout the game series who also helps her parents' electronics store. Later in DDR SuperNOVA up to DDR X she finally graduates high school (as seen in Be for U's Graduation song) and takes up college in the technical academy along with her classmates and creates a dance robot named Consent Be-fU and also hangs out with her friends at the party. In DDR X2 and onwards, she passes the dance audition and practicing her dance moves in her free time.
Her character also reveals in DDR X that she is also a big eater as seen from Queen-Zukin's story.
Emi appears as the young girl with shoulder length blue hair and is mostly seen wearing a white hat with different color lines at the edge of her hat and brown eyes. At the start of her alternate appearance in SuperNOVA2 and onwards, she has a full fringe and it was not seen without a hat like in her previous appearance and always wears a headband and in DDR X2, she now wears a hood like Rage did in DDR X.
- Emi's name is written as 東芝 絵美 (Tōshiba Emi) in kanji and とうしば えみ (Tōshiba Emi) in hiragana.
- Emi was one of the characters in Konami's 2012 E3 Battle, battling against Frogger.
- She appears in the background music of Be for U's Graduation wearing her school uniform which is later playable in Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3 and UNIVERSE.
- She is also featured on the Mekuru meku Dance★Party (メクルめくダンス★パーティ puzzle image that unlocks Your Angel on DDR X2, along with Rage and Geisha Zukin).
- She also appears in the background video for LOVE IS THE POWER -Re:born-, as the mascot for the X3 side of DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX.
- Emi, along with Disco, also appears in the beginning of the background video for She is my wife, doing part of the routine for I WANT YOUR LOVE (Darwin remix).
- During Chapter 4 of the Unidentified Funky Objects event in DDR Dance Wars, the UFO that had abducted Emi was destroyed by Disco, probably at the expense of Emi's life. However, the epilogue revealed that she was not in the UFO when it exploded.
- In the pop'n music series, Emi is the rival character for 華爛漫 -Flowers-. Her outfit in pop'n music 16 PARTY♪ is actually her alternate outfit from DDR SuperNOVA2. She is one of the very few DDR characters to appear in the pop'n music series, with the others being Disco, Oshare-Zukin, and Lady.
- Her surname is based on the same electronics company of the same name as her full name is based on the recording company Toshiba-EMI.
- A recolored version of Emi's X2 outfit was unlockable on DDR Dance Wars by inviting 10 friends, as part of the second invite bonus set.
- Emi is the only character to have a yellow-green-colored background for her cut-ins (in DDR X2).
- Emi appears as the P2 mask for Go For ダ Top in ミライダガッキ Future TomTom.